Wafer Handling Systems
Brooks offers a comprehensive portfolio of configurable atmospheric and vacuum wafer handling platforms and systems. In addition, Brooks provides the ability to create flexible, cost-effective, and unique solutions to meet each customer’s specific application. Our dedicated team of experienced professionals uses a proven collaboration methodology — listening to customers’ needs and challenges, reviewing our library of modules, and, if necessary, developing customized capabilities — to provide a best-fit wafer handling solution for OEM tool automation.
The Marathon® LEAP™ AX is a revolutionary wafer transfer platform that addresses customers' current and future needs for atmospheric systems. Brooks understands the challenges customers face in responding to rapidly changing requirements and business conditions, and the Marathon LEAP AX offers unique value and capabilities to meet their demanding technical and operational needs.
The Marathon LEAP AX is a revolutionary wafer transfer platform that addresses customer's current and future needs for the atmospheric systems.
- Single platform supporting a wide variety of substrates
- High-performance wafer handling capability proven for most advanced process nodes
- Optimized solution for advanced packaging applications
- Shortest path from order to operation
- Configure to order
- Fast set up
- Lower installation risks
Brooks offers a comprehensive portfolio of configurable atmospheric and vacuum wafer handling platforms and systems.
Marathon Express (200mm and below)
The Marathon® Express family of vacuum transport systems is optimized for superior vacuum performance and high productivity for 75mm to 200mm wafer size applications. Brooks can apply its technical and service expertise to configure the Marathon Express to meet specific customer and OEM requirements while delivering best-in-market lead times from our domestic and international manufacturing locations.
The highly configurable Marathon Express offers a wide selection of production-proven options for PVD, CVD, Etch, MEMS, RF, compound semiconductor, and advanced packaging applications. The system features indexing vacuum load locks configurable for both open wafer cassettes and SMIF applications.
The Marathon Express family of vacuum transport systems is optimized for superior vacuum performance and high productivity for 75mm to 200mm wafer size applications.
Marathon Express is available in multiple chamber configurations for both large and small-footprint applications. Throughput and performance are optimized with configurable radial automation (single or dual-arm), single or dual VCE loadlocks, and vacuum performance ranging from 3 to 8 range (Torr) base pressure.
The Brooks VCE 6 Vacuum Cassette Elevator load lock is available in three styles: Manual Door, Automatic Door, and Automatic Door with Cassette Transfer Arm (CTA) for open cassette operation. SMIF operation is also possible when equipped with an LPI / LPT.
- High configurability to meet the needs of a wide range of process applications
- Rapid time to market with field-proven application-specific options
- Enhanced safety with Gen 5EN features that meet CE and SEMI S2 requirements
- High component reliability and ease of serviceability for maximum uptime and low total cost of ownership
Marathon 2 Transport Systems (300mm systems)
Brooks has earned a leadership position in vacuum transport systems by amassing unparalleled engineering capability and innovation across substrate transport and controlled environments that differentiate our best-in-class solutions. Our advanced vacuum wafer transport technology is ideally suited for tool automation applications in semiconductor wafer processing and other complex manufacturing environments. We offer a range of systems — available in numerous configurations — that meet specific manufacturing environments and process requirements.
Marathon® 2 systems combine the proven reliability of the MagnaTran® robot with the latest innovations in cluster tool technology to optimize reliability and performance for OEMs while delivering low cost of ownership for end-users.
- 10M+ MCBF MagnaTran LEAP robots
- Radial (single) and Quad (twin) chamber designs
- Nano C high-throughput stacked load locks
- CenterSmart™ automatic wafer centering (AWC)
- Gen 5 EN control system for power, safety, and communication systems
- Marathon LEAP AX atmospheric front end
- Compliance with CE, S2, and all other relevant industry standards